Sunday, February 24, 2008

8 Little Men

Tonight I have the pleasure of watching 8 little boys ages 7 and under while their families are setting up for Upward Basketball Awards Night. I sent my 3 girls to help them, but thought having the little boys here would help the adults be more productive. What a great group of little guys! They play well together, know how to share, and try to include everyone. Earlier I walked into the living room and heard one of them singing, "Jesus is the rock," while he was playing cars. I told them all to come sit up for dinner and was told, "yes, ma'am" by several of them. One of them prayed for us and I decided that he must be really paying attention to Pastor Kevin's prayers because he prayed forever.......and ended with, "and everyone said...AMEN." (Just kidding, Pastor Kevin!) When they were done eating, they asked "if they could be excused," and then each one picked up their paper plates and threw them in the trash. I heard, "may I please... Mrs. Kellenberger" many times tonight. It is funny... most of these children have not been to school to be properly "socialized," and yet they are pleasant, disciplined, FUN, and respectful. Their parents must be doing something right. I have only heard one complaint tonight, that I did not have any dessert. My bad...what was I thinking??? Next time boys, I promise!

No comments: