Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Madison's Oceanbox


100_2342, originally uploaded by ckmmmc@sbcglobal.net.

In my box I have a shark,squid,fish,dolphin,sea lion, manta ray, sea snake,and a sea turtle. I also have some colorful coral and then a rock on top for decoration :) I think my favorite animal that I learned about was the sea turtle. I never knew there were so many different kinds of sea turtles. The one I made for my box was an Australian Flatback. Another thing that I learned that I thought was cool was that there are these really tiny things called "Sea Squirts". I thought they were really interesting because they swim by "squirting" water away from them. I also found the Jellyfish to be rather scary. I always knew that they had stingers but did you know that if you touched one of thier tenticles, a needle comes out of it and shoots poison into you in one-thousanths of a second??? It's that fast!! But as we were studying them I really started to think that God is so amazing! He gave all the animals in the ocean a different way of living and protecting themselves. God must be extremely brilliant to be able to make all of those amazing things. Just think, he is the same God the made us too!! Studying these different animals has made me see just how great our God is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Maddie,
Sea squirts sound like they would be fun to watch. I appreciate what you are learning. God is so amazing! He is so good to show us the wonders of His creation. I agree with you that God is brilliant. His creativity is unmatchable! Someday maybe you can learn more about how he created the Human body - it is really fascinating!